STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
All students of Westminster College are responsible for conducting themselves in a manner that is appropriate to good citizenship. This conduct is founded on the basic concept of respect, consideration for the rights of others, school policies, and applicable codes and laws.
The philosophy of our faculty and staff is that all students are provided with a safe learning environment which helps develop a positive self-concept, enhances individual potential, and increases respect towards others.
This Code Of Conduct is the standard for all students – diplomatic corps. and was developed to define the expectation for appropriate behaviour and goals at the school.
- are expected to show respect and behave appropriately with teachers, staff, administrators and campus guests at all times.
- must use respectful, proper language when speaking to each other and to staff members. Profanity is prohibited at all times.
- must carry their student identification (I.D.) cards at all times. If an I.D. is requested, the student must show it to the adult staff.
- must maintain a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. for participation in extracurricular or school activities.
- must have a valid hall pass or office summons when out of class during instructional time.
- may not bring any of the following items to school: -
- Alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes, matches, lighters, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Paint or other intentional materials for defacing or destroying school property
- Anything that would be considered a safety hazard by school officials
Students are fully expected to adhere to all Westminster College student expectations. They are to:-
- Learn and follow school and classroom rules.
- Exercise classroom etiquette at all times.
- Attend school and be present to classes on time, every day
- Be prepared to learn.
- Resolve conflicts without physical contact, violence or verbal abuse.
- Keep a safe and clean campus that is free of graffiti, weapons, and drugs.
- Create a positive school environment, reporting any bullying or harassment or immorality.
- Display good sportsmanship both on and off the athletic field or anywhere on campus.
- Keep social activities safe and fair.
In addition, our STUDENTS will:-
- Portray an appropriate conduct and respectful manner
- Fulfill their responsibilities as successful students and citizens
- Respect all school policies.
- Demonstrate appropriate and positive behaviour conducive to academic success and individual achievement.
- Recognize and exercise their rights while fulfilling all of their responsibilities.
- Respect and understand the rights of others
- Respect the laws of our society
- Respect the opinions of others.
- Commit to participate and capitalize on the educational opportunities provided.
STANDARDS OF STUDENT BEHAVIOUR
- Students are responsible for knowing and obeying all school rules and regulations.
- Every student is expected to be on time to school, to attend all classes.
- Every student is expected to behave in a proper manner, adopting good study habits and abstaining from using vulgar or profane language.
- Students are expected to comply with all reasonable requests from adult staff members.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful to the school, home, family and community. Horseplay is dangerous and will not be tolerated.
- Students are expected to resolve conflicts or personal problems in a socially acceptable manner with the help of deans, counselors, or other members of school related organizations.
- Clothing and accessories that are considered distracting to the instructional programme are unacceptable. Gang-related clothing or paraphernalia must not be worn and will be deemed inappropriate. Likewise clothing depicting gambling or gaming devices are inappropriate and must not be worn.
- No oversized pants or shorts are to be worn. Pants must stay up without a belt.
- No cutoffs with high stockings are to be worn.
- No belts with initials on them are to be worn or extra long belts.
- No baseball style caps are to be worn unless they are Westminster College hats.
- No pants that are stapled or artificially creased are allowed.
- No extra-long chains, hairnets, spikes, or curlers are to be worn.
- Cell phones, electronic games or music devices are not to be brought to school.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and roller skates are not to be ridden on campus. Clothing displaying names or graphics involving drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, obscenity, weapons, violent or illegal acts, or graffiti vandalism is unacceptable.
- No clothing that degrades any culture, gender, religion, or ethnic values is to be worn.
- No objects related to gambling are to be brought to school.
- Students are not to bring squirt guns or water balloons to school.
- Young women are to dress appropriately without exposing themselves; wearing shorts or dresses that are obviously too short is unacceptable. Undergarments are not to be exposed.
- Clothing is to be neat and clean.
FAILURE TO OBEY THE ABOVE STANDARDS OF STUDENT BEHAVIOUR MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY MEASURES, WHICH COULD INCLUDE SUSPENSION, TRANSFER AND/OR EXPULSION.