The Early Learning Center
A quality, loving, learning center within a Christian environment, serving the faculty and staff families, is provided in the Westminster community for children ages 3 through age 4.
Our desire is to provide a safe and caring environment where children can learn more about God, themselves, others and the world around them while their parents are working in some capacity at Westminster.
Our GoalsThe Westminster College ELC strives to provide stimulating and enriching experiences for each child. The classrooms are equipped to meet the needs of young children with this in mind. Our desire is also to come alongside parents in helping children to understand the love of Christ.
For the childrenWC ELC will provide opportunities for your child to:
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Improve verbal, listening and perceptual skills
- Learn to appropriately express his / her feelings
- Learn to accept and respond to others
- Use all of their senses to enjoy and explore God's world
Our PhilosophyWe believe children learn best:
- Through play, at a rate unique to themselves
- Through repetition, building on past experiences
- Through use of all their senses
- When they feel a sense of achievement and self-worth
- When they feel physically and emotionally safe and secure
Activities for the Children
- activity centers
- scheduled play & outdoor playtimes
- circle time
- child-centered play
- art experiences
- music & movement
- special outings throughout the school year